Monday, December 7, 2009

Beyond

The mind is a place where every wrong thought creates a prison
for the confinement of my soul and every longing
The walls and bars that bind
limit me, keep me, hold me
from the truth and full freedom
the lies, the past, the fleshly eyes,
produce these walls, they form these bars
Every time I think I actually escape
the rude awakening of the chain on my foot
holding me back and keeping me in
cause me to see, that I'm not really free
to have a heart of faith, to have eyes that see
the truth in you and not the failure of me
is what my heart longs for, but still I am incapable
Faith sees beyond this place of hell
but then the visual of reality sets in
This place has identified me and molded me
it has taught me to live and be
this person, caught in this place and mind
the thoughts lead me and control me
like a puppet on it's strings
the let me go and pick me up
to be determined and led by something bigger
something better something greater and higher
is the longing of my heart
to love with all that I have
rather than hate or question or judge
to accept rather than condemn
to embrace rather than flee
to commit instead of wander
would be satisfying to me
how I wish that day would come
where you define me
instead of these prison walls
how can I not settle when this is all I know?
teach me whats beyond this wall
around the corner
above the confinement
passed the past
outside of the walls
the key I see, in my reach
but to take it and turn it
requires courage and not this fear
outside of this place
is hope
is peace
is your ways
is faith
is love
is being
is life
is joy
is contentment
is satisfaction
is forgiveness
is acceptance
is grace
is all these things I search for yet cannot find
because with one taste, again this prison binds
to get past it
is my goal
is my goal
is my goal
but it's above all that I have, all that I know, and all that I am
unto you I surrender my ways, my bars, my prison
because I can't grab the keys on my on
once you fought for this and maybe again you will
show me a world that I have never known
paint a picture for the things unseen
because you know more than me
you see more than me
and your ways are higher than the ways of myself
help me to believe
help me to surrender
to have faith
and to believe in the things that I know not of.
I have to see beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment